viernes, 15 de enero de 2010

The Polaroid Aesthetic



Why is it that polaroids always look great?
This is something that I have been thinking about a lot recently of.

1. vintage nature of the apparatus system
2. the instantaneousity of the picture
3. the low focus and blurriness of the shoots
4. the maraca like shaking to reveal a shot

I think its all of them.
Yet there is one reason that reigns.
Pictures need frames....well mostly. I general they look good with frames.
Polaroids already have this white framework margin included into the picture. Thus situating it in space.

My dear friend Beth, just told me of this great website, which has great polariods ranging from 1979 to 1997. http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/ is a great website check out cause: the polariods serve as historical time capturing devices.
Make sure to check it out.





*Thanks beth.

No hay comentarios: